AN INTERVIEW WITH HYUN Y./ ADO LES SCENTS









FOLLOW ME: TWITTER | FACEBOOK | TUMBLR | BLOGLOVIN | GOOGLE FRIEND CONNECT


Hyun Yeu, Winner of the incubator awards at The Dutch Fashion Awards 2011 and Designer of menswear brand Ado Les Scents celebrated his work last week by launching a Capsule collection at De Bijenkorf (see more Here). The visitors had great enthusiasm seeing his collection and so had I. But what drives Hyun Yeu to make such beautiful collections and what about next season ?? What can we expect from this new upcoming designer ?? Well, yesterday Hyun Yeu invited me and my blogger friend Kimberley Denise from Alwaysdifferent to his atelier in The Red Light District Amsterdam to answer our questions. We had a nice conversation with Hyun. You can read our conversation below.


- HOW DID THE ADO LES SCENTS BRAND STARTED

I started after school immediately. I studied menswear because I wanted to make collections I want to wear.


- HOW DID IT FELT WINNING THE INCUBATOR AWARD AT THE DUTCH FASHION AWARDS

For me it felt like an appreciation of my work. Winning a award is always great. Ones you're participating a competition you are there to win otherwise you go home empty handed and that's not my goal. That's why I felt relieved in some way.


- CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE STYLE OF THE ADO LES SCENTS BRAND

Yes, Of course !! My brand Ado Les Scents is "Modern Tailoring" with a twist. To give you a better example I start by making a design and add something extra to it. It can be anything from colors to fabrics, details or shapes in my designs. Innovation is the key.


- WHERE DO YOU START BY MAKING A DESIGN

Well, My starting point is my inspiration and having a concept. To be honest I don't look for concepts, they come naturally to me by reading a daily newspaper or my thoughts. These thoughts and inspirations develop theirselves into a concept. From that 2nd point I start making my designs.


- AND WHAT DRIVES YOU

There is no drive cause a drive is always there. It has become a lifestyle, a system. While I'm busy working on the Spring/Summer 2013 collection my mind is already working on the Fall/Winter 2013/14. It's all about moving on !! Done it, Finished it and up to the next one !!


- TALKING ABOUT THE S/S 2013 COLLECTION.. CAN YOU TELL US SOMETHING MORE

It's time for me and the brand to be more "spread out" !! Being in Holland gives me the opportunity to work hard on the brand but not many people are able to see it. While thinking about this my thoughts were directly focused on diffusion. When I think about my brand and diffusion I think about ink and water. The ink in the water will diffuse and get shape, it spreads out. This will be a main element in my upcoming spring/summer collection.




- WHAT KIND OF MEN WEARS ADO LES SCENTS OR WHO IS THE ADO LES SCENTS MAN

Cool, Young Minded Men. Anyone can wear it actually. I don't limit myself to create clothes for certain kind of people like creatives, gallery owners or straight sexual hockey boys. no, it's definitely not my thing.


- SO YOU HAVE TO LOVE IT OR HATE IT ..

There is nothing to hate about because I'm not that foreign enough to make a Hated or Loved Collection. More outspoken Designers do but I design collections that I want to wear. Pretty, in general, acceptable clothing. If you look at my capsule collection for De Bijenkorf you see Ink blue. People might hate it but that's a color matter.


- ARE THERE ANY FUTURE PROJECTS YOU'RE WORKING ON

Well, in the future I want to be in New York but really "IN the future" !!


- AND WHY YOU PREFER NEW YORK INSTEAD OF PARIS

I make clothes to wear, not to show. If you compare New York to Paris you see that New York makes more wearable clothing instead of Paris who makes a show collection and a Ready to Wear collection next to it. I strongly believe in the power of wearing clothes than showing clothes.


- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE WAY THE DUTCH PEOPLE THINK ABOUT FASHION IN GENERAL

well lots of people here have a perfect structure of the body. Long and curvy so they have a possibility to look cool but I think the Dutch people are too much focusing on Denim. People here love to wear practical and comfortable clothing. They play safe and you can't blame them. The market has to grow but it's increasing.

- THANK YOU HYUN YEU FOR THIS INTERVIEW

5 opmerkingen:

christian zei

Hij maakt zulke mooie kleren!
xo

fran zei

cool and beautiful clothes. this is mode...
kisses
fran

showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

The Fashion Commentator zei

Very interesting. Congrats for the interview. I always looking for new talents, thanks for share!

Alessandro - http://www.thefashioncommentator.blogspot.com

Anoniem zei

Great interview babe. And for sure we need more menswear designers in this world :)

Giveaway

http://www.fashiongentrix.com/post/21373667705

Michiel Steur zei

Wat een leuk interview! Heel gaaf! Ben weg van zijn collecties!

Jan Marcel Blog